28 sierpnia 2015

Family Tree - Finnabair Creative Team

This time Spread Your Wings Academy focuses on creating layers. For my part, I wanted to build a solid and heavy arrangement with dimentional additions. Layering in this case served as the background for the contrastive family tree.
I carelessly aranged a composition of chipboards and Mechanicals which I fixed to a canvas panel thanks to 3D Matte Gel. When everything dried up, I put a generous coat of both Texture Pastes with white crackle and white sand finishes. The composition became even and chunky.


I added a pinch of Art Sugar and Micro Beads on the wet surface. To my surprise Mica Flakes turned out to be icing on the cake. After slightly misting and drying the whole, I stamped it with various patterns.


On such prepared background I glued twigs and portraits in Mechanicals frames creating the family tree. The last step consists of labelling the family members, adding beads, a snail shell and more Micro Beads. I also used a black fineliner to accent dimentional elements. Ready!


Don't forget to see the entire post on Finnabair blog and have a nice evening!

3 komentarze:

  1. That's a great piece, Olga! You've created a fabulous background with lots of texture and a wonderful family tree.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Piękne drzewo w lekko złowieszczym klimacie.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. Wow Olga - your work is totally amazing! I love the arty, textural look to it all!

    OdpowiedzUsuń

:)