23 lutego 2016

Love for Rust - Finnabair Creative Team

This week starts off with some really exciting news - Finnabair reveals her new products! If you are in mixed media, you are going to love this release! I'm totally under the spell of Art Alchemy paints, sculpture mediums, and absolutely amazing a rust paste set. Check out Prima blog for a yummy mixed media feast prepared by Finn and her Team.
 
I love to give a new life to discarded objects and reshape broken pieces into something interesting. This time I used crushed china figurines that I put together and a bottle cap along with a pair of wings.
The best glue I can recommend is 3D Gel which holds everything perfectly. To fill the blank areas between all the elements I worked with Sculpture Medium. To even the surface I covered the whole figurine with Black Gesso and added a pinch of Art Stones at the base.

Mid olga3

Afterwards, I painted the statue with Rust Pastes. They imitate real rust both in colours and structure.

Mid olga4 
To highlight the raised areas and add some patina effect, I used brass and blue brush strokes from the new range of Alchemy Paints. The creature was born again and stands tall with its wings spread wide.


Prima Products: 3D Matte Gel - 961398, Art Extravagance Sculpture Medium - Neutral Beige - 963026, Rust Paste Set - 963576, Art Alchemy Acrylic Paints: Metallique Ancient Coin - 963057, Metallique Brass Hardware - 963095, Metallique Rusty Red - 963156, Metallique Emerald Green - 963170, Heavy Black Gesso - 961459, Art Ingredients Art Stones - 963705

2 komentarze:

:)